In the past, we have taken a look at a number of different mouth-watering summer gin cocktails. Today, we are going to be honing in on one fruit that is reminiscent of British summertime, strawberries.
No pairing is more quintessentially British than strawberries and cream, especially as the tennis courts of Wimbledon are full of spectators.
Britain’s Love of Strawberries and Cream
Britain’s love of strawberries and cream during the warmer months of the year is a tale that can be traced back across the centuries to Tudor England. Cardinal Wolsey has been widely credited with creating the dish of strawberries and cream to impress the people who he was entertaining, and the dish is now synonymous with watching the tennis in Wimbledon’s courts.
Strawberries are quite a unique fruit as they have been loved for more than a millennium. The Romans wrote about them in their poems, and they functioned as a decorative item. It is worth noting that the strawberries that the Romans ate wouldn’t have been as sweet as the strawberries that we have the pleasure of indulging in, nor would they have sat well with cream under the sun.
Strawberry Flavoured Gin Cocktails
Before we begin, we would highly recommend that you make sure that you have your gin recipe book to hand. If you don’t have a gin recipe book just yet, then you should think about starting one. That way, you can work out exactly what measurements you like and note them down alongside your favourite concoctions.
1. Strawberry and Cream Delight
What could better complement the tennis courts than a strawberry and cream gin cocktail? In our opinion, nothing could. Whip up this insider favourite in just a handful of minutes and sit back to enjoy the weather.
– 50ml Poetic License Strawberry & Cream Gin
– 20ml Monin White Crème de Cacao
– 20ml Cream
1. Fill a cocktail shaker of your choice with ice.
2. Add the Poetic License Strawberry & Cream Gin, White Crème de Cacao and Cream to the cocktail shaker.
3. Strain the mixture into a glass of your choice, adding ice beforehand should you wish to.
4. To add to the elegance of this drink, you might wish to garnish it with fresh strawberries.
2. Strawberry Gin Lemonade
Who doesn’t love drinking lemonade when the sun comes out? Luckily, you can combine strawberries, gin and lemonade to make one of our favourite drinks of the season.
– 50ml Bloom Gin
– 75ml Strawberry Juice
– 100ml Fentimans Lemonade
– 3tbsp Strawberry Puree
1. Add a few teaspoons of strawberry puree to the bottom of each of your serving glasses, following the puree with a few cubes of ice. The exact amount of ice that you should use depends on your own personal preferences.
2. Pour 50ml of Bloom Gin into each of the glasses, stirring it so that the gin and the strawberry puree combine.
3. Afterwards, add 75ml of strawberry juice to each glass before topping them all off with Fentimans Lemonade.
4. For an additional layer of summer, garnish this cocktail with fresh strawberries.
3. Strawberry Gin & Tonic
We understand that most people want something quick and simple that they can throw together when the weather is hot. Our strawberry flavoured gin and tonic should hit all the right places if that sounds like what you’re looking for.
– 50ml Sipsmith London Dry Gin
– 30ml Monin Strawberry Syrup
– 100ml Fever-Tree Tonic Water
1. Add your Monin Strawberry Syrup and Sipsmith London Dry Gin to a cocktail glass of your choice.
2. Take a bar spoon and stir the strawberry and syrup together until the two combine.
3. Top off your glass with Fever-Tree Tonic Water.
4. To really capture the essence of summer, garnish your cocktail with fresh strawberries.
There you have it, three of the best strawberry flavoured gin cocktails that you can make in the comfort of your own home. We would highly recommend that you get experimental too, adding strawberry flavoured gin and strawberry syrup to your own current cocktail recipes to see what delightful creations you can make.
Given that tennis season is here, you might want to see whether or not you can add M&S’s new limited edition pink gin cream to your cocktails too. Click here to find out more!