With World Gin Day right around the corner, there is every reason to add a few more delightful gin cocktail recipes to your gin cocktail recipe book. If you haven’t started a book of your gin musings and favourite measurements yet, what are you waiting for?
To celebrate this annual event, our team has been busy testing and tasting gin cocktails round the clock. In doing this, we have been able to bring you a selection of the best World Gin Day 2019 cocktails to try at home.
The Best World Gin Day 2019 Cocktails
There are plenty of different cocktail recipes that are easy enough to follow at home, from classic gin cocktail recipes to insightful recipes that detail some of the best gin summer cocktails that you can enjoy. Our favourite picks for this annual event include:
1. A Classic Gin and Tonic
A classic gin and tonic should be nestled right at the forefront of every gin lover’s itinerary. There are a lot of twists that you can add to this classic cocktail, but we don’t think there’s anything better than a traditional gin and tonic, especially if you know that you are going to be working your way through several different cocktails on World Gin Day.
– 50ml Edinburgh Gin
– 50ml Tonic Water
1. If it’s nice and warm outside for World Gin Day 2019, then you should start by adding ice to your favourite cocktail glass.
2. Pour your Edinburgh Gin over the ice.
3. Add a tonic water of your choice.
4. Perhaps choose to garnish your classic gin and tonic with raspberries, or any summer fruit of your choice.
Summertime in Britain can be a little bit unpredictable when it comes to the weather, but most of us will have a series of charming berry picking memories that make us feel nostalgic. If this World Gin Day 2019 is nice and sunny, then a drink that perfectly encapsulates the berries that grow in the countryside will be certain to delight any party guests or friends who are celebrating with you.
– 40ml Sipsmith Gin
– 20ml Blackberry Liqueur
– 15ml Sugar Syrup
– 15ml Lemon Juice
1. Add some ice to your favourite cocktail glass.
2. Pour your Sipsmith Gin, Blackberry Liqueur, sugar syrup and lemon juice over the ice.
3. Use a bar spoon to gently stir all of your ingredients together until they have combined.
4. After stirring, drop a few blackberries into your glass to really hone in on the summer flavours of this cocktail.
3. Bee’s Knees
If you are thinking about hosting a garden party to celebrate World Gin Day 2019, then a bee’s knees cocktail is definitely one that you should consider adding to your menu. This appealing cocktail was first created during the Prohibition, and it blends the many delights of gin and honey.
– 50ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
– 20ml Lemon Juice
– 15ml Runny Honey
– 5ml Water
1. Fill your cocktail shaker up with a small handful of ice cubes.
2. Stir your honey and water together until you are left with a mixture that has a syrup-like consistency.
3. Pour your Bombay Sapphire Gin, honey syrup mixture and lemon juice into the cocktail shaker.
4. Shake until all of your ingredients have combined.
5. Strain your bee’s knees cocktail into a glass of your choice.
6. If you would like, perhaps garnish your cocktail with a little bit of honey and sugar around the rim of the cocktail glass for an opulent touch.
4. Elderflower & Tonic
For something that is both subtly sweet and perfectly balanced, this twist on a traditional gin and tonic can stand as a refreshing treat for World Gin Day 2019. If you would like to truly make it your own, then perhaps swap out the elderflower liqueur for another flavoured gin liqueur.
– 50ml BLOOM London Dry Gin
– 20ml Elderflower Liqueur
– 100ml Tonic Water
1. Fill a cocktail glass of your choice with ice cubes.
2. Pour your BLOOM London Dry Gin into the glass and add your elderflower liqueur.
3. Top the glass off with a chilled tonic.
4. Use a bar spoon and gently stir your cocktail until all of your ingredients have combined.
5. For a dazzling finish, perhaps add a twist of lemon peel.
If you would prefer to have someone else make you a cocktail for World Gin Day 2019, then you will be happy to hear that there are a number of different events taking place up and down the country. A number of these events will be serving their own signature cocktails, and some will even present you with a free gin and tonic as soon as you arrive.
Your Cocktail Making Repertoire
There you have it, four delicious gin cocktails for you to add to your gin-infused cocktail repertoire. World Gin Day 2019 is set to be celebrated in many countries around the world, and what better way could there possibly be to celebrate it than with cocktails and friends?