With Wimbledon 2022 fully underway what better way to sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of Wimbledon than with a fresh, crisp gin serve!
We’ve listed our top gin serves below most suited to the pinnacle of tennis tournaments, each serve is sure to enhance your experience! so once you choose your favourite recipe, create, sit back, relax and enjoy…
1. Sipsmith Strawberry Gin Smash
Strawberry Smash Gin has summer written all over it, making it ideal for a number of delicious strawberry themed cocktails. It also makes a smashing G&T!
– Simply pour 50ml of Strawberry Smash Gin into an ice-filled highball
– Followed by 150ml of chilled premium tonic water
– Garnish with freshly sliced strawberries.
Sipsmith Strawberry Smash Gin Tasting Notes
Nose: Fresh strawberry, light citrus, touch of mint
Palate: Sweet, juicy strawberries lead, refreshing mint, citrus
Finish: Delicate fruity notes, dry juniper, smooth mint finish
2. CLASSIC MARTINI (featuring Highclere Castle Gin)
Notable botanicals of the gin: Orange peel, lime, cardamom, lavender, juniper
The award-winning Highclere Castle Gin is crafted using hand-picked botanicals grown in the castle’s English Gardens, and features a blend of traditional botanicals as well as herbs, citrus and floral botanicals, such as lavender. It has been made famous by the enormously popular TV drama Downton Abbey and showcases the height of gin sophistication, with its perfectly balanced flavour providing a glorious taste sensation for all gin lovers.
CLASSIC MARTINI RECIPE
50ml Highclere Castle Gin
10ml Dry Vermouth
Dash of Orange Bitters (optional)
3-4 Olives (optional)
Lemon peel (optional)
Fill a mixing glass with ice, then add the ingredients over the ice and give it a good stir. Double strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a verdant green olive or lemon twist.
3. Gin and Juice
It comes as no real surprise to us that people like Snoop Dog have written songs about gin and juice because it really is a fantastic combination. One of the best things about gin and juice is the fact that it works well with most fruit juices, meaning that you can quite literally replace our favourite fruit juices with your favourites to see what you can create. This is the perfect gin tipple to enjoy tennis with in the British Summer!
– 50ml Sipsmith London Dry Gin
– 75ml Fresh Orange Juice
– 75ml Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1. Fill your favourite cocktail glass with as much ice as you wish to and pour in your Sipsmith London Dry Gin.
2. Pour over your orange juice and your grapefruit juice. Taking a bar spoon, gently stir your cocktail until all of your ingredients have combined.
4. FIERCE SPRITZ (made with The Livener by Three Spirit)
50 ml Livener
25 ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
Top with Kombucha or Lemonade
Add all the ingredients to a large wine glass filled with ice cubes. Top up with soda and stir briefly. Garnish with a slice of fresh grapefruit.
Notable Botanicals: Guayusa, guava leaf, green tea, rosewater, hibiscus, schisandra berries, ginseng, cayenne chilli
Empress 1908 Royal Hawaiin
View this post on Instagram
Using the beautiful Empress 1908 gin, this cocktail is fitting for the no nonsense, highbrow gin used in its base. With hints of grapefruit this gin is highly suited for this cocktail, it also adds a gorgeous blue hue colour to the serve which makes it even more appealing.
- 45ml Empress 1908
- 45ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp orgeat syrup
1. Add pineapple juice, lemon juice and orgeat syrup to shaker with ice and shake for around 15-30 seconds
2. Strain into a glass of ice
3. Layer the Empress Gin on top
4. Garnish with pineapple wedge
6. Strawberry and Cream Delight
What could better complement Wimbledon than a strawberry and cream gin cocktail? In our opinion, nothing could. Whip up this insider favourite in just a handful of minutes and sit back to enjoy the weather.
– 50ml Poetic License Strawberry & Cream Gin
– 20ml Monin White Crème de Cacao
– 20ml Cream
1. Fill a cocktail shaker of your choice with ice.
2. Add the Poetic License Strawberry & Cream Gin, White Crème de Cacao and Cream to the cocktail shaker.
3. Strain the mixture into a glass of your choice, adding ice beforehand should you wish to.
4. To add to the elegance of this drink, you might wish to garnish it with fresh strawberries.