The Martini is one of the world’s most famous and loved cocktails (whether shaken or stirred), and following celebrations for World Martini Day 2020 what better occasion than this for trying out some new Martini recipes.
The classic Martini cocktail is made with gin and vermouth, garnished with olives or a lemon twist. A Vodka Martini is a variation of the martini and is made with vodka and dry vermouth. The recipe may be a simple one with just two ingredients, however over the years this iconic drink has become a symbol of elegance and sophistication. Furthermore, it is a cocktail that can also be enjoyed in a variety of different ways.
Bombay Sapphire gin is the perfect accompaniment for a Martini, its versatility when it comes to cocktails is world renowned and when paired with vermouth it creates a beautifully balanced serve. Grey Goose is a wonderfully smooth vodka with citrusy undertones, making it the perfect addition for a truly elegant Martini cocktail.
Heading into World Martini Day, Bombay Sapphire and Grey Goose have come together with the Connaught Bar to curate some luxe Martini recipes for cocktail connoisseurs, and today we take a look at 5 of these recipes.
BOMBAY SAPPHIRE Twice Twisted Martini
Playing around with different vermouths and bitters can really provide an edge to your martini cocktail, allowing you to create your own personal expression.
50ml BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® (-18 degrees C straight from the freezer)
15ml Martini Bianco Vermouth
3 dashes of premium Orange Bitters (e.g. Angostura Orange Bitters)
1. Add all the ingredients to a chilled mixing glass and stir quickly but carefully in a clockwise rotation for 20-25 seconds
2. Spritz the oil from the lemon & orange peel garnish twists directly into a well-chilled or frozen martini cocktail glass, then place garnish in the glass
3. Strain the well chilled Martini cocktail into the glass, over the garnish then serve
THE CONNAUGHT – Simple Martini
The most iconic of gin cocktails, a Dry Martini cocktail is the perfect way to savour all the aroma and flavours of Bombay Sapphire’s botanicals. It’s designed to be sipped and savoured. Never rushed, just like all the best evenings.
75 ml Star of Bombay Gin
15 ml Martini Extra Dry vermouth
3 drops orange bitter
+ Lemon zest
Stir gin / vodka and vermouth over ice. Strain into a frozen martini glass where you have previously added 3 drops of orange bitter. Garnish with lemon zest
THE CONNAUGHT – Apricot & Blue
50 ml Star of Bombay Gin
30 ml Martini Extra Dry vermouth infused with Apricot Kernel and Apricot pulp
15 ml Oxidised St-Germain Elderflower liqueur
3 Almond Oil Drops
+ One fresh cherry
+ Mandarin twist
1. Method for apricot infused vermouth: cut 4 medium size apricots and keep the kernels. Put in a jar together with Martini Extra Dry (4 apricots per 1 entire bottle, or alternatively 1 apricot per 200ml). Let it rest for 12 hours, fine strain and store in the fridge.
2. Leave the St-Germain Elderflower liqueur rest open for a month to allow the oxidisation. The oxygen will work on the liquid over time and darken it.
3. Stir gin, vermouth and elderflower liqueur over crystal clear ice and strain into a frozen martini glass. Garnish with 3 drops of almond oil, one fresh cherry and a mandarin twist.
GREY GOOSE Vesper Martini
The Vesper Martini is James Bond’s classic twist on the iconic drink, mixing GREY GOOSE® with gin and Martini for a slightly bitter and herbal serve that makes a statement.
25ml GREY GOOSE Vodka
75ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
15ml Martini Ambrato
1. Stir the spirits in a cocktail shaker.
2. Strain into a well-chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a twist of lemon.
GREY GOOSE Martini
GREY GOOSE® Vodka showcases its long, satisfying finish in this iconic cocktail.
50ml GREY GOOSE Vodka
10ml NOILLY PRAT Original French Dry Vermouth
+ Dash of Orange Bitters
1. Add Grey Goose & vermouth to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Stir deliberately and strain into a chilled martini glass.
There you it, 5 mouth-watering gin based cocktail recipes! If you’re looking for some more gin cocktail inspiration, check out our article 6 Gorgeous Gin Cocktails Created with Wessex Distillery Gin by clicking here.